Thorpe pupils quiz their MP on her work during tour of parliament
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from Thorpe took a tour of parliament and quizzed their MP on her work.
Chloe Smith, MP for Norwich North, welcomed pupils from Thorpe St Andrew High School to Westminster for a tour, where they explored the Houses of Parliament.
The pupils landed the trip after winning a public speaking competition at the school.
They then quizzed Ms Smith about her work in the constituency.
She said: 'It was a pleasure to welcome the competition winners from Thorpe St Andrew High School to Westminster and answer their questions about politics, how parliament works and about my role as an MP.
You may also want to watch:
'It is important that young people understand politics and to encourage a younger generation to engage in politics - after all, one of these young people might be a future prime minister.'
To find out about school tours, click here.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 3 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 6 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 7 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 8 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 9 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 10 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals