Thorpe pupils quiz their MP on her work during tour of parliament
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from Thorpe took a tour of parliament and quizzed their MP on her work.
Chloe Smith, MP for Norwich North, welcomed pupils from Thorpe St Andrew High School to Westminster for a tour, where they explored the Houses of Parliament.
The pupils landed the trip after winning a public speaking competition at the school.
They then quizzed Ms Smith about her work in the constituency.
She said: 'It was a pleasure to welcome the competition winners from Thorpe St Andrew High School to Westminster and answer their questions about politics, how parliament works and about my role as an MP.
You may also want to watch:
'It is important that young people understand politics and to encourage a younger generation to engage in politics - after all, one of these young people might be a future prime minister.'
To find out about school tours, click here.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 8 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 9 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones