Thorpe Marriott community wishes farewell to Reverend Freddy
- Credit: Pat Dorrington
Members of a congregation have wished a fond farewell to their Reverend Freddy Takavarasha.
The methodist minister is being transferred from the Trinity Ecumenical Church in Thorpe Marriott after five years of service.
He and his wife, Dee Takavarasha, will be travelling to Uganda in September where they will be working for Methodist Missions, helping to develop new methodist churches and work with new ministers.
Rev Takavarasha, 64, from Hellesdon has enjoyed his time in Thorpe Marriott saying it has been a unique experience, he said: 'It has been a different type of ministry but it has been very good.'
A highlight during his time in Norwich was the opportunity to take some of his congregation to Zimbabwe.
You may also want to watch:
'Showing them the other side of the world and a different sort of life they are used to living with the poor in Zimbabwe was a real experience.'
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk