Norfolk hotel one of the ten new discoveries in UK guide
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk hotel has been chosen as one of the ten new discoveries in the Good Hotel Guide 2019.
The guide's editors scoured the country for hidden jewels and The Gunton Arms in Thorpe Market was picked in the top 10.
The guide said: 'The fossilised skull of the largest deer ever discovered is one of the quirky items that decorate this converted country house. Intriguing furniture, rugs and vintage artefacts fill the lounges, snooker room, bar and restaurant, where well-presented, tasty dishes are served beneath an arched wooden ceiling.'
The leading independent UK hotel guide is co-edited by Adam Raphael and Ian Belcher.
It comes just a week after the Gunton Arms was nominated for a national award for being a 'warm and welcoming venue for breastfeeding'.
The venue is in the running for the Feed With Confidence Award, which is being run by breastfeeding product producer Lansinoh.
- 1 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 2 Murder inquiry launched after teenager stabbed to death in Norwich
- 3 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 4 Man dies after getting into difficulties in UEA Sportspark pool
- 5 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 6 First look at the new Scandi-style homes coming to a Breckland village
- 7 Serial beggar jailed for 12 weeks after breaching Criminal Behaviour Order
- 8 Tribute paid to much-loved dad who died in cycling accident
- 9 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 10 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers