Norfolk hotel one of the ten new discoveries in UK guide
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk hotel has been chosen as one of the ten new discoveries in the Good Hotel Guide 2019.
The guide's editors scoured the country for hidden jewels and The Gunton Arms in Thorpe Market was picked in the top 10.
The guide said: 'The fossilised skull of the largest deer ever discovered is one of the quirky items that decorate this converted country house. Intriguing furniture, rugs and vintage artefacts fill the lounges, snooker room, bar and restaurant, where well-presented, tasty dishes are served beneath an arched wooden ceiling.'
The leading independent UK hotel guide is co-edited by Adam Raphael and Ian Belcher.
It comes just a week after the Gunton Arms was nominated for a national award for being a 'warm and welcoming venue for breastfeeding'.
You may also want to watch:
The venue is in the running for the Feed With Confidence Award, which is being run by breastfeeding product producer Lansinoh.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 5 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 6 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 7 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 8 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 9 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 10 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure