This year’s Halesworth Lions Carnival promises to be ‘out of this world’
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Outer space aliens and adventurous astronauts will be thick on the ground at this year's Halesworth Lions Carnival.
The carnival- at Edgar Sewter Primary School's playing field - will have a 'space' theme, and there will be prizes for the best costumes in a fancy-dress competition.
A carnival procession, featuring three princesses, will take place from 11am to midday - earlier than in previous years.
The procession will start at Blyth Road Industrial Estate, proceed up Bramfield Road, down London Road and the Thoroughfare, up Norwich Road and finally to the primary school.
There will also be a barbecue, raffle, space-themed cake-off, bouncy castles, bungee trampolines, stalls and more.
You may also want to watch:
The Edgar Sewter choir, dance and gymnastics groups will perform.
The carnival takes place on Sunday, June 11 from midday to 4pm.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 6 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success