This year’s Aylsham Show Norfolk Hero Food and Drink winners announced
This year's Aylsham Show Norfolk Hero Food and Drink winners include a vineyard, butcher's, a pub and a hotel.
The Saracen's Head, Wolterton, has secured the award for Best Use of Norfolk Produce on the Menu, sponsored by PIC UK.
Judges said the business had fantastic enthusiasm for local food and it was rare to see a head chef doing his own butchering.
The Best New Food or Drink Venture started in 2013-2014, is the Norfolk Mead Hotel in Coltishall.
Judges said it had first-rate food with attention to detail and were impressed with its speedy refurbishment and well-equipped kitchens. The award is sponsored by BOCM Pauls.
You may also want to watch:
Winbirri Vineyard, Surlingham, was chosen as the county's Best Specialist Food or Drink Producer, sponsored by Gressingham Foods.
The judges praised the business for its local involvement and product, and enthusiastic and knowledgeable team.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 10 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
Herbert Graves Ltd. in Briston, a butcher, bakery and local shop, was awarded Best Food or Drink Supplier Promoting Local Produce in a category sponsored by Dewing Grain. Judges said it was an excellent family-run business. They highlighted its friendly and knowledgeable staff, range of local produce and five-star hygiene rating.
The four will go forward to the championship, which is sponsored by Larking Gowen. The overall winner will be announced at the Aylsham Show on August 25, at Blickling Park, Aylsham.