This is normal for Norfolk - Blessing of the plough at Honing
- Credit: Archant
It's normal for Norfolk, as they say ... The Blessing of the Plough has become a popular annual event in Honing, near north Walsham, and was held as part of a fundraising weekend in the small parish.
After the traditional blessing from the Revds Simon Lawrence and David Jackson, the area was opened for a ploughing competition while hot food, drinks, homemade buns and cakes were readily available. A vintage car display also drew the attention of many enthusiasts.
Fundraiser Diana Howes said: 'The plough blessing was a success and supported by other villages.
'It was a busy weekend and the village hall offered a bygone scene with lots of history about our village – fantastic.'
The village is organising various fundraising events to raise money for urgent restoration work at the parish church. The work has received a substantial lottery grant, but the village is responsible for matching the funding.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 9 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 10 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school