‘This is destroying me’ - Grandmother of abducted baby boy from Swaffham pleads to parents to contact her
- Credit: Archant
The grandmother of a seven-month-old baby boy feared to have been abducted by his parents has pleaded for them to contact her.
Susan Minton, 53, pleaded for her son Daniel Minton, 28 and Tory Smith to reveal their whereabouts as well as that of her missing grandson Daniel John Minton.
The distraught grandparent said she does not know where they are and she last saw Mr Minton on April 19, shortly after he left prison.
She said: 'Nobody can believe what I'm going through. It's my son and my grandson. I'm distraught, I don't know where they are. As far as I know they could be dead, I don't know anything at all.
'I just want him to call. I just want to know for sure him and the baby are okay. This is destroying me.'
You may also want to watch:
Ms Minton said she has not spoken to her son since his disappearance but she did speak to his partner, Tory, on the phone last week who told her that her son and grandson were in Boston in Lincolnshire.
However Ms Minton said she does not know whether to believe her and she has been unable to get back in touch because she called from a withheld number.
- 1 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 5 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 8 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 9 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 10 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
Ms Minton added: 'I think they've done a runner because social services wouldn't leave them alone. They were trying to stop my son from seeing his child.
'But they [Daniel and Tory] are so loving and loyal to that child.'
Norfolk police launched an urgent appeal for information on the family's whereabouts after they were last seen on Friday, April 21 around Orford Road in Swaffham.
They are increasingly concerned for the baby's welfare as a family court previously determined that the couple pose a risk to him.
Daniel Minton Snr is described as white, 5ft 8ins to 5ft 10ins tall and of stocky build.
He has blonde short hair, usually shaven, with blue eyes and a tattoo on the left side of neck and his left hand.
He has previously been jailed for theft and indecent exposure and is understood to have substance and alcohol misuse issues.
Tory Smith is described as white, 5ft 8ins to 5ft 9ins tall and of slim build.
She has long, black, straight hair which is possibly now dyed blonde, blue eyes and has a tattoo on her left wrist.
Anyone with information on their whereabouts should contact Norfolk Constabulary on 101 immediately.