Former Norwich City mid fielder opens football pitch
- Credit: Archant
A £770,000 artificial sports field has been celebrated at the grand opening of the full-size pitch.
Football fans gathered in Beccles on Friday night (April 12) to witness the official ribbon cutting by former Norwich City midfielder, Adrian Forbes.
The new facility, near Common Lane South, was under construction since October last year and was used for the first time last month by the club's players.
Richard Neal, chief executive of Suffolk FA, said: 'This is an amazing achievement for a club like Beccles Town to have a facility like this.
'We hope it will not be only life-changing for the players involved in the club now but in the future and for the whole town.'
Beccles mayor, Elfrede Brambley-Crawshaw said: 'It is an amazing achievement to create these facilities here in Beccles.
'I can't imagine the volunteer hours that went into ensuring the town has these facilities.'
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 5 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 6 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 7 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 8 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 9 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
- 10 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call