Former Norwich City mid fielder opens football pitch
- Credit: Archant
A £770,000 artificial sports field has been celebrated at the grand opening of the full-size pitch.
Football fans gathered in Beccles on Friday night (April 12) to witness the official ribbon cutting by former Norwich City midfielder, Adrian Forbes.
The new facility, near Common Lane South, was under construction since October last year and was used for the first time last month by the club's players.
Richard Neal, chief executive of Suffolk FA, said: 'This is an amazing achievement for a club like Beccles Town to have a facility like this.
'We hope it will not be only life-changing for the players involved in the club now but in the future and for the whole town.'
You may also want to watch:
Beccles mayor, Elfrede Brambley-Crawshaw said: 'It is an amazing achievement to create these facilities here in Beccles.
'I can't imagine the volunteer hours that went into ensuring the town has these facilities.'
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
- 10 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut