Hazardous acid washed up on Norfolk beach
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were called to dispose of a drum of hazardous acid washed up on Holme beach.
A blue container with a sulphuric acid hazard warning sticker was inspected by the Hunstanton Coastguard Team around 3pm Thursday.
The hazardous materials officer later confirmed the drum contained sulphuric acid, a powerful corrosive capable of causing severe burns.
This is the fourth time a container of hazardous acid has been found in the area since the start of October, with two drums found on Hunstanton beach,
The coastguard said any drums found with a hazard sticker should be reported to the coastguard by calling 999.