Third Fat Cat pub for Norwich after entrepreneur Colin Keatley buys the Mustard Pot
Real ale lovers will soon get a third 'Fat Cat' pub after entrepreneur Colin Keatley added another business to his portfolio, which now includes three watering holes dotted around Norwich.
Mr Keatley opened the award-winning Fat Cat in West End Street, to the west of the city, more than 20 years ago and he also owns the Fat Cat Brewery Tap, in Lawson Road, north city. Both are renowned for their vast selection of real ales.
He has now bought the freehold at the Mustard Pot in Thorpe Road, which is currently closed but is due to reopen in about eight weeks' time. The Mustard Pot will serve real ales from the Fat Cat Brewery, based in Lawson Road.
Mr Keatley said: 'I'm 61 now and quietening down and I see this pub as my last purchase in Norwich, and as a complement to the other two.
'I have always fancied the pub. I approached its then owner Adnams about three years ago, but they were not interested then, but I asked them to give me first referral. I see this as a good way to finish my career off in Norwich, which has been a good career. The three pubs also now form a triangle in Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
'The new pub will serve a range of Fat Cat products plus a range of guest and continental beers. It will also be similar to the other Fat Cat pubs inside with the tap room and the similar colour scheme.'
The property was sold off an asking price of �225,000 through property and leisure agents Fleurets.
- 1 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 2 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 5 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 6 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 7 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 8 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot
- 9 Best bargain ever? Village hall for sale for £35,000
- 10 Staff at food firm receive £900 bonus each
The Evening News has been urging customers to return to pubs in our Love your Local campaign.
To see more stories from the campaign visit www.eveningnews24.co.uk/ loveyourlocal.
What's happening at your local pub? Call reporter David Bale on 01603 772427 or email email@example.com.