Third annual Big C cancer charity’s Caterpillar Crawl
A Norfolk cancer charity is inviting all nurseries and primary schools in Norfolk and Waveney to take part in its annual Caterpillar Crawl.
The Big C, based on Castle Meadow in Norwich city centre, announced that it wants this year's Caterpillar Crawl to be a record year for the number of schools taking part in the annual event.
Now in its third year, schools are invited to hold their Caterpillar Crawl at any time during the month of June.
Community fund-raiser manager, Lesley Cologne, said: 'We really appreciate people taking time to organise a Caterpillar Crawl.
'It is also a good way of encouraging children to be active.'
To take part, children join together to form a human caterpillar that crawls around the nursery, school or playing field.
Parents, families and friends then sponsor children with donations for taking part.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 5 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 6 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
Previously participants have dressed up as caterpillars or learnt about caterpillars and butterflies as part of a school activity for the initiative.
The monies raised will go to Big C, to fund research and equipment helping to increase the survival rates of cancer patients.
It also funds cancer care nurses and treatments in Norfolk and Waveney's hospitals including the Big C centre at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
To get a fundraising pack call Mrs Cologne on 01603 619900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org