Think Pink and Blue to host gala dinner to raise money for research into ovarian and prostate cancer
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk charity is hosting a gala dinner to raise money for vital research into ovarian and prostate cancer.
The event, organised by Think Pink and Blue, takes place at Open in Norwich in March next year.
All money from the black-tie dinner will support two different research projects.
The first will investigate ways to detect and diagnose ovarian cancer. At present, there is no proven screening test for the disease.
The second project focuses on prostate cancer, which is the most common type in men. Research will look at what causes the disease and explore methods to determine if the cancer is aggressive in order for it to be treated.
You may also want to watch:
Think Pink, which was founded by Sarah Softley and Ruth Thurston, has raised more than £100,000 for breast cancer research.
The charity changed its name this year as funds from the gala dinner will support two projects.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 8 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 City draw up target list
The gala dinner takes place on Friday, March 2, at 7pm. Email email@example.com for more information.
During the evening, the He Hews will be performing.