Thieves target cars at sports clubs
Thieves have been targeting cars parked at sports clubs in Dereham and Fakenham.
Eight vehicles have been broken in to an items taken have included mobile phones, iPods, wallets, clothing, cash, cards and a laptop,
Police have urged people not to leave property in their cars while attending matches and training sessions.
Two incidents took place between 6.50pm and 8.20pm on Wednesday at Fakenham Rugby Club, Wells Road.
Six cars were targeted at Dereham Hockey Club between 7pm and 8.10pm on Thursday.
Chief Insp Neil Baily said: 'Someone is clearly targeting vehicles parked during evening matches and training sessions at sports clubs in the area, We will be increasing patrols at these and other premises which we regard as vulnerable to this type of offence.
'We would also encourage people attending evening training sessions or matches at local sports clubs to make sure that nothing of value is left in their vehicles and for the clubs themselves to be aware and to keep an eye on suspicious persons or vehicles coming onto their car parks'
- 1 Seven beach walks with a cafe pit stop to try in Norfolk
- 2 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 3 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 4 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 5 'I can't stop Western Link work starting in my woodland'
- 6 'Awe and disbelief' as thousands of bees swarm pub garden
- 7 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 8 Jailed this week: County lines gang and man found with cocaine in his car
- 9 Police stop 85 vehicles in one day amid safety crackdown
- 10 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
Anyone with information should contact police on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.