Thieves steal £500 from 80-year-old woman as she leaves bank
- Credit: Archant
Brazen thieves stole £500 from a woman in her 80s just after she left the bank.
At some point between 10.45 and 11am on Friday, January 17, an elderly woman had £500 in cash taken from her bag after she withdrew the money from Halifax in Beccles.
The woman, who is in her 80s, walked from the bank branch to Gary's Discount Store on the Walk.
While taking a seat in the cafe at the back of the shop, she noticed the money had been taken after only being there for five minutes.
Police are appealing for witnesses after the theft.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information or who saw any suspicious activity is urged to call Lowestoft police, quoting crime reference 37/3533/20.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut