Thetford Toy Library moves into Charles Burrell Centre
- Credit: Archant
A not-for-profit group which provides children and families a chance to borrow toys has relocated.
Playtime continues in a new home for Thetford Toy Library after it completed its move to the Charles Burrell Centre yesterday with an open day.
The group provides a large range of high quality toys and equipment to take home and borrow from 50p for a fortnight.
It has moved round the corner from its old home at The Terrapin on Fulmerston Road into a metalwork and technology room at the former school.
Hayley Burrows, from the library, said the move had been a big job.
You may also want to watch:
'As you can imagine it wasn't very suitable for young children. With the help of a lot of amazing local businesses and volunteers we were able to open on time and carry on offering toy hire and play opportunities for children and families in and around Thetford.
'There are so many to mention but we would like to say a big thank you to everyone who has chipped in over the last few months,' she said.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 7 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR
For more information on the toy library, contact firstname.lastname@example.org