Thetford Town Council clerk Tina Cunnell named Clerk of the Year
- Credit: Archant
The clerk of Thetford Town Council has been recognised by the Norfolk Association of Local Councils.
Tina Cunnell was named as the county's Clerk of the Year for large councils after being nominated by the town council staff.
'I am proud and it is nice to be recognised by your peers and by those who know what it takes to be a clerk,' she said. 'But it is not just me. I am just the top of a group of people who are working really hard.
'The councillors and officers are working hard and together and that brings the success.'
Mrs Cunnell has worked for the council for three years.
She started as the planning, projects, policies and communications officer before becoming the clerk a year ago.
She was presented with a bouquet of flowers by Attleborough Town Council clerk Gina Lopes and Swaffham councillor Shirley Matthews at a council meeting on September 26.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 4 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 5 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 6 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 9 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 10 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000