Thetford Town Council clerk Tina Cunnell named Clerk of the Year
- Credit: Archant
The clerk of Thetford Town Council has been recognised by the Norfolk Association of Local Councils.
Tina Cunnell was named as the county's Clerk of the Year for large councils after being nominated by the town council staff.
'I am proud and it is nice to be recognised by your peers and by those who know what it takes to be a clerk,' she said. 'But it is not just me. I am just the top of a group of people who are working really hard.
'The councillors and officers are working hard and together and that brings the success.'
Mrs Cunnell has worked for the council for three years.
You may also want to watch:
She started as the planning, projects, policies and communications officer before becoming the clerk a year ago.
She was presented with a bouquet of flowers by Attleborough Town Council clerk Gina Lopes and Swaffham councillor Shirley Matthews at a council meeting on September 26.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation