Thetford teenager raises money for support group close to his heart
- Credit: Archant
A teenager from Thetford has completed a charity challenge inspired by his grandparents.
Macaulay Harvey took part in a sponsored two mile swim at the Breckland Leisure Centre to raise money for the Thetford and District Dementia Support group (TADDS).
The 16-year-old's grandparents, Doreen and John Harvey, attend the weekly group held at the Cloverfield Community Church.
Macaulay, who swims for Thetford Dolphins, raised more than £200 and took just over an hour to complete his challenge.
Mr and Mrs Harvey are also active fundraisers for the group and regularly run a raffle to raise money.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for TADDS said: 'The The Trustees of Thetford Dementia Support Group would like to thank Macaulay on his achievement and also extend our thanks to Doreen and John for their fundraising commitment to the group.'
The support group meets every Friday from 10am to 1pm.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
For more information please call 07542866519 or email firstname.lastname@example.org