Thetford street dance crew sweep up awards at world championships
- Credit: Archant
A group of young dancers have been busting moves at an international competition in Glasgow.
Three teams from the Urban Street Dance Crew from Thetford competed at the World Street Dance Championships in the Scottish city, with two solo artists gaining prizes.
Brianna Conroy, 16, came first in the over 16 beginner category, while 19-year-old Olivia Russell was ranked 5th in the over 16 novice category.
The three teams from the crew who competed were the under 14s Unitee, under 18s L2D, and over 18s Injustice.
While the teams didn't make it through to the final six, their efforts have been commended by the crew.
You may also want to watch:
Lorraine Brand, of Urban Street Dance, said: 'Each and every one of our members work incredibly hard – just to reach world finals is an amazing effort!
'To be able to perform on the stage alongside some of the world's best dancers and represent England is an honour.'
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 4 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 7 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 10 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
The non-profit dance group trains at the arts centre near Bishops Primary School in Thetford on Tuesdays from 4pm to 9pm.
For more information, go to Urban Street Dance Crew's Facebook page at www.facebook.com/jane.mcgahee.75 or call 07443 938336.