Thetford residents warned to stay away from building site after fire crews are called to gas leak
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Three Norfolk Fire and Rescue crews are currently at the scene of a gas leak in Thetford.
The leak is believed to have occurred on the site of the former tulip and thermos factory on Caxton Way, which is being demolished. Appliances from Thetford, Brandon, and Attleborough were called to the site at around 5.30pm.
On Twitter the fire service urged people to stay away from the area.
A spokesman for the fire service confirmed the incident is still 'ongoing'.
Local residents report on social media that a strong smell is prominent.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 7 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire