Thetford pub evacuated after roof collapses
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
A Thetford pub had to be evacuated this afternoon after the roof of an outbuilding collapsed leading to a woman being injured by a tile.
The collapse happened at the Kings Head in White Hart Street just before 4pm, leading to firefighters and police rushing to the scene.
The roof collapse happened at the back on the pub and saw a woman taken to hospital to be treated for minor injuries.
Thetford and East Harling firefighters and a specialist urban search and rescue team from Dereham were called out and they confirmed no one was in the outbuilding.
Derek Sim, station manager at Thetford fire station, said: 'We had reports of a pub collapse and on arriving it was found to be an outbuilding.
You may also want to watch:
The roof had collapsed and the pub was evacuated.
'There was a lady who was caught by a tile.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 5 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
'We checked the building and there was nobody present.'
White Hart Street was blocked off by the police in order to protect the public as the incident was dealt with as a police helicopter was called out.
A spokesman for Norfolk police said: 'Officers were called to the Kings Head pub shortly before 4pm following reports that part of the roof had collapsed.
'One woman has been taken to hospital with minor injuries.
'All emergency services attended and the police helicopter was mobilised.'