Thetford Parkrunners return from twinning trip to France
- Credit: Archant
Two Parkrunners have returned from a trip to France to represent their town in a 10km race.
Lisa Perkins and Graham Williams, from Thetford, were chosen to take part in the race in Les Ulis, near Paris, in honour of the towns' twinning relationship.
As well as taking part in the run – which they completed in one hour 10 minutes – they were taken on a tour of the town, met local councillors and took a trip to a local winery.
Mr Williams said: 'The overall trip was very good, we were treated and looked after very well. It was an excellent opportunity.
'Les Ulis was a very beautiful town and lovely to run through, and the race was very well supported by local people.'
Mr Williams, 33, and Ms Perkins, 32, both got into running through Thetford Parkrun and have lost 14 stone between them after joining up to the free event and local Slimming World classes.
Mayor of Thetford Terry Jermy, who funded the pair's travel to Les Ulis, thanked School Lane Surgery for processing their medical certificates.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 6 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 9 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 10 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk