Thetford Parkrun celebrates highest attendance in its history
- Credit: Archant
A Parkrun event is celebrating its highest attendance in its four-year history.
Thetford Parkrun saw 250 people turn up to take on the 5km course around Abbey Meadows on Saturday morning.
It was the event's 230th run - it celebrate its 200th in November - and for the last six weeks there have been more than 200 participants attending.
You may also want to watch:
The previous highest attendance was 248 three years ago.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 9 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 10 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
Melanie Sturman, Parkrun event director and ambassador, said: 'We were very pleased to reach the 250 milestone today.
'It is great to see so many people support parkrun and we are particularly impressed with the high number of families that are now regularly taking part in the event.'
'I am delighted with the turnout and the commitment of the team who have volunteered for the 230 events.'
The Parkrun takes place every Saturday at 9am from Thetford Priory.
For more information click here