Thetford Parkrun celebrates fourth anniversary
- Credit: Archant
Thetford Parkrun celebrated its fourth anniversary with a turnout of 203 runners and walkers.
The town's mayor, Terry Jermy and consort Corinne Fulford attended to present its annual points competition trophy winners.
The female adult winner was awarded to Natalie King and the junior female to Zabella Starzycka. The male adult winner trophy was presented to Richard Crewe and junior to Jacob Chamberlain who won the award for the second consecutive year. The volunteer award went to Geoffrey Herschell who has taken more than 1,000 photographs of Thetford Parkrun, which began four years ago with nine runners.
A cake sale raised £110.57 towards buying a defibrillator.
Event director Melanie Sturman said: 'We are very pleased we have reached this milestone and thank you to the entire community for supporting the weekly parkrun.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 3 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 4 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 5 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 6 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 9 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument