Thetford mayor’s ball raises more than £1,000 for charity
- Credit: Archant
A mayor's ball has raised over £1,000 for a fund supporting children and young people's projects in Thetford.
A celebration of Thetford was the theme at the mayor of Thetford's charity ball which was held on Saturday, March 11.
The main event of the evening was a raffle supported by local businesses and Lawson's Estate Agents.
Prizes included a £100 John Lewis voucher, a visit to Shadwell Estate, home of the Shadwell Stud and a tour of the Nunnery Lakes wildlife site.
The sold out event was attended by 180 people, including the Lord Mayor of Norwich and neighbouring mayors from King's Lynn, Watton and St Edmunsbury.
The mayor of Thetford, councillor Terry Jermy, used his speech to highlight some of the activities that he had attended during year.
He described many of the groups working in Thetford as doing so 'very much under the radar'.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 9 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 10 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'