Re-watch Norfolk magician wow Britain’s Got Talent judges
- Credit: Dymond/Thames/Syco/REX
Young magician James Samuel wowed the judges and baffled viewers when he appeared with teen magic group — dubbed the 'One Direction of magic' — on Britain's Got Talent.
The Thetford youngster showed off some impressive trickery with his three mind-bending colleagues from 4MG when they appeared on Saturday night's latest round of live auditions.
The all-male team that includes Harry Nardi, 18, Theo Mallalieu, 17, and Josh Horus, 17, as well as 19-year-old James, specialise in mind reading, magic, sleight-of-hand and illusion.
Each of the teens performed a different card trick to one of the four judges, Simon Cowell, Amanda Holden, Alesha Dixon and David Walliams.
Their performance saw each member asking the judges to pick a random card from a deck.
You may also want to watch:
Each of the group then correctly revealed the card with some close up magic. As a finale the foursome took of their jackets to reveal the T-Shirts cards the judges selected printed on the back.
James, who was the youngest ever member of the Ipswich Magic Society, and has previously appeared on CBBC and Sky TV, performed for a baffled David Walliams. He reacted: "You're like the boyband of magic aren't you? It was dazzling, well done."
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 10 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
Simon Cowell said: "I've never seen an act like this before. Considering your age, experience, it was amazing. I really like you guys."
Their performance drew a huge reaction on social media. The BGT live semi-finals begin tomorrow at 7.30pm on ITV.
They posted on Facebook: "Waking up to followers, messages and comments from all over the world about our audition. The last 24 hours have been crazy for us. We thank you all once again for your amazing response. Don't forget to Vote 4MG! We have some mind blowing magic planned
James posted: "We have only gone and made it to the Britain's Got Talent Semi Final! We have got big plans for a mind blowing performance. Thanks for all the love and support."
Colin Thackery, a war veteran and Chelsea Pensioner from Norwich, whose first audition saw him sing Wind Beneath My Wings in a tribute to his late wife, has also been named among the acts who will compete in the semi-finals.