Thetford Forest to become winter wonderland for Bark in the Dark
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
Thetford Forest will be turned into a winter wonderland in support of a charity dog walk.
Pet charity, Blue Cross, which helps sick, injured and homeless pets in its hospitals and rehoming centres, is hosting a five kilometre walk starting at High Lodge in the forest.
Walkers will follow the festive glow-in-the-dark trail and will get the opportunity to see the forest like they have never seen it before.
The sounds of carol singers, who will be hidden along the route, seasonal decorations and Santa can all be enjoyed along the walk.
Emma Jones, Blue Cross community and events regional manager, said: 'Christmas is a wonderful time to start thinking about the ones we love, including our four-legged friends.
You may also want to watch:
'That's why we're thrilled to be hosting an event that will raise money for vulnerable pets as we come into the festive season.'
Bark in the Dark takes place on Saturday, December 22 from 6pm until 9.30pm. Entry costs £12 for adults, £8 for under 16s, free for children under five, and a family ticket (two adults, two children) is £35.
- 1 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 2 'Feel the magic of Christmas and forget COVID' - hotel opens winter wonderland
- 3 Plans to turn village's last pub into house rejected
- 4 New facilities open up Norwich river for paddle boards and canoes
- 5 Magpies chair praises "Norfolk community spirit" amid continuing hardship
- 6 Five things you need to lead the way in 2020
- 7 How Norfolk coupon queen's new bargain bible could help you save
- 8 ‘It was my life’ - Lollipop lady retires after 45 years serving village school
- 9 Hunt for witnesses after 10 vandals target bike shelter
- 10 Brexit Blog: Brexit means changes to the rules on VAT – and that means more admin and confusion