Thetford Forest to host leg of woodland running series
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Thetford Forest is set to feature in a series which invites participants to run through some of the country's most beautiful woodland scenery.
Following its successful running series in 2019, Forestry England is once again giving people the chance to challenge themselves while enjoying the freedom and fresh air of the nation's forests.
The new series, 'Forest Runner', will take place this autumn, with the Thetford Forest event starting from High Lodge on October 31.
Those taking part at each of the 10 nationwide locations can enter a 5k or 10k run, priced at £20 and £22.50 respectively plus booking fees.
Peter Rawlinson, from Forestry England’s active forests programme, said: "It’s been fantastic to see people enjoying running in the nation’s forests throughout the ups and downs of the past year.
You may also want to watch:
"We're delighted to launch this new series to deepen people’s connections with forests."
To book or find out more about Forest Runner, visit forestryengland.uk/forest-runner.
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy