Thetford Forest illuminations event postponed
An event to light up Thetford Forest has been postponed because of severe weather.
The Electric Forest would have been made up of a series of illuminated trails beginning tonight until December 19 and been the third in a series of events for the Culture Creative team.
During their latest event at Cragside, near Rothbury in Northumberland, however, snow hampered the trail and the extraction of equipment which was due to head to Thetford.
Director of Culture Creative Zoe Bottrell said: 'The weight of snow has brought branches and trees crashing down around the site, and with this in mind we have had to withdraw crew for their own safety until the weather improves.
'Without the equipment from Cragside we are unable to get the equipment rigged for the show in Thetford.'
She added: 'It is a huge disappointment for all involved both at Culture Creative and the Forestry Commission who have worked so hard to make the show happen but this freak weather has made it very difficult to carry on.
'We have the safety of both staff and the public as paramount to what we do and with the weather set to continue and head south it is felt that postponement to the New Year was a better option for everybody.'
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 3 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 4 'We will always miss you' - tributes to QEH pharmacist who died in A47 crash
- 5 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 6 Villagers' anger after meadow is mowed causing 'destruction' of plants
- 7 Tractor being used for A11 roadworks had faulty brakes
- 8 'It's a nightmare' - Roadworks leave town 'gridlocked'
- 9 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 10 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
The Electric Forest has been postponed until the New Year when it will run across the schools half-term holidays from February 19 to 27 and March 3 to 6 from 6pm 9pm.
Tickets can be booked on-line now from The Electric Forest website at www.theelectricforest.co.uk or on the Forestry Commission's website at www.forestry.gov.uk/highlodge.
All tickets purchased for the December dates will be valid for any of the new dates and time slots. Customers who have booked tickets for the experience can find details about the postponement policy and alternate event dates at The Electric Forest or Forestry Commission's websites.
For more information contact the box office on 01842 816000 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.