Swimming club given £6,000 boost for new sound system
- Credit: Archant
A swimming club has been given a £6,000 boost to help it buy a new sound system.
Thetford Dolphins took part in the Tesco Bags of Help scheme during November and December last year, winning £4,000 from the public vote.
Some of that money was used by the club for a training session at the London Aquatic Centre, described as a 'fantastic experience for the swimmers'.
However the rest of the money, along with a separate £2,000 grant from Thetford Town Council, went towards the automatic officiating equipment at the sports centre, where recordings take place during galas.
A spokesman for Thetford Dolphins said: 'We want to thank Sarah Douthwaite, community champion, from Tesco's for awarding us with a cheque accompanied by her daughter Kerry Douthwaite who is a past Dolphin swimmer.
You may also want to watch:
'Thank you to everyone who supported us throughout the two months.'
For more information about the club, visit www.thetforddolphins.com
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 6 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 7 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 8 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 9 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region