Swimming club given £6,000 boost for new sound system
- Credit: Archant
A swimming club has been given a £6,000 boost to help it buy a new sound system.
Thetford Dolphins took part in the Tesco Bags of Help scheme during November and December last year, winning £4,000 from the public vote.
Some of that money was used by the club for a training session at the London Aquatic Centre, described as a 'fantastic experience for the swimmers'.
However the rest of the money, along with a separate £2,000 grant from Thetford Town Council, went towards the automatic officiating equipment at the sports centre, where recordings take place during galas.
A spokesman for Thetford Dolphins said: 'We want to thank Sarah Douthwaite, community champion, from Tesco's for awarding us with a cheque accompanied by her daughter Kerry Douthwaite who is a past Dolphin swimmer.
You may also want to watch:
'Thank you to everyone who supported us throughout the two months.'
For more information about the club, visit www.thetforddolphins.com
- 1 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 2 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 3 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 6 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 7 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 8 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 9 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 10 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison