Swimming club given £6,000 boost for new sound system
- Credit: Archant
A swimming club has been given a £6,000 boost to help it buy a new sound system.
Thetford Dolphins took part in the Tesco Bags of Help scheme during November and December last year, winning £4,000 from the public vote.
Some of that money was used by the club for a training session at the London Aquatic Centre, described as a 'fantastic experience for the swimmers'.
However the rest of the money, along with a separate £2,000 grant from Thetford Town Council, went towards the automatic officiating equipment at the sports centre, where recordings take place during galas.
A spokesman for Thetford Dolphins said: 'We want to thank Sarah Douthwaite, community champion, from Tesco's for awarding us with a cheque accompanied by her daughter Kerry Douthwaite who is a past Dolphin swimmer.
You may also want to watch:
'Thank you to everyone who supported us throughout the two months.'
For more information about the club, visit www.thetforddolphins.com
- 1 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 2 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 3 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 4 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 5 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 6 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 7 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 8 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 9 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 10 Norwich water supply hit for second day running