Thetford businessman’s personal experience inspires charity challenge for St Nicholas Hospice
- Credit: Archant
A businessman has been inspired by his experience of a life-threatening illness to take part in a fundraising event for charity.
James Fisher, from Thetford, will join 14 other local business leaders to compete in I'm a CEO Get Me Out of Here.
The event, on October 27 at the town's Nowton Park, will raise money for St Nicholas Hospice Trust.
In 2000 at the age of 30 Mr Fisher, managing director of Bury St Edmunds-based Bilco UK, was diagnosed with Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia and underwent a bone marrow transplant. He said: 'The challenges that I take on in October will be nothing compared to the trauma and upset that people are faced with when they receive a life changing diagnosis.
'The Hospice is there providing help, advice and support to both the people who are living with a long term or life threatening illness or who are in the final chapters of their life, and their families.'
You may also want to watch:
Each participant is helping to raise £1,000 for the organisation by taking part in the challenge.
To sponsor Mr Fish click here
For more information about the charity visit St Nicholas Hospice
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop