Thetford Athletic Club helps to boost Thetford Parkrun’s fundraising efforts
- Credit: Archant
Thetford Athletic club has helped boost the popular Thetford Parkrun's fundraising efforts to buy a defibrillator.
By the end of this year, it will be compulsory for parkruns across the country to have the vital life-saving equipment installed close to their course.
Volunteers and members at Thetford Parkrun have been busy fundraising and have been helped by a £250 donation from Thetford Athletic Club.
Dean Kirton, chairman of the club, said: 'A lot of our members take part in the parkrun. We thought it was a good idea as they should be everywhere and anywhere.'
A donation of around £200 will also be donated by Shadwell Stud and £400 was also presented to the parkrun by the family of a former volunteer who died. The total now stands at £1,150.
You may also want to watch:
Thetford Parkrun director Mel Sturman said: 'It is just fantastic as it shows collaboration - a lot of the Parkrun members are now going to the athletic club. It is positive.'
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 4 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 5 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 6 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 10 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night