Thetford and District Dementia Support Group seeks public’s help
- Credit: �Archant Photographic 2011
A Breckland charity has beaten hundreds of projects nationwide to be shortlisted to win £5,000 worth of kitchen appliances.
And now Thetford and District Dementia Support Group, which provides support advice and friendship to people living with dementia and their carers, needs the public's help to win the appliances.
The group is one of ten charities and organisations shortlisted in the Stoves Community Kitchens campaign.
Run by British cooking brand Stoves, it seeks to enrich projects by offering a total of £20,000 in appliances to help their kitchen facilities.
People can vote for the organisation they think deserves the £5,000 worth of kitchen equipment.
There is also a chance to win a second prize of £3,000 or a third prize of £2,000.
The public vote is open until Sunday, August 20 and votes can be cast by visiting Stoves UK on Facebook.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 6 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 7 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 8 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 9 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 10 All I want for Christmas is... a twinkling tractor with fairy lights