Theatre company set to present lunar-inspired show on opening night of Norfolk and Norwich Festival
- Credit: Simon Finlay Photgraphy
A Norwich theatre company will be basking in the moonlight with its latest show this week.
Total Ensemble Theatre Company will be presenting the very first performance in the events programme at the Museum of the Moon outside The Forum in Norwich.
The performance group has created a 20-minute show for the occasion called It's a Wonderful Moon, George!
Featuring a cast of 17, the performance takes its inspiration from a scene from the 1946 film It's a Wonderful Life.
'It is a look at romance with a bit of a twist...let's just say we have taken the focus from Earth up to the moon with the story,' said Rebecca Chapman, artistic director of Total Ensemble Theatre Company.
You may also want to watch:
'As soon as William Galinsky (the festival's artistic director) mentioned the Museum of the Moon to me I immediately thought of this scene from It's A Wonderful Life where George says to Mary that he will throw a lasso around the moon and give it to her.'
She added: 'The two main characters are courting for the first time and are coming home from a dance and it's very romantic. Our performance is sparked off by that scene and we have changed the story and made it our own.'
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 5 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 9 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
She said the performance would combine dance, drama and a beautiful soundscape.
'It will be 20 minutes of joy hopefully!' she said, adding that the company was delighted to be involved in the Museum of the Moon programme.
'It's an amazing installation and we are just there to be a small part of it. We have had a brilliant time creating the performance,' she said.
It's a Wonderful Moon, George! will be performed at 6pm on Friday and at 5pm on Saturday outside The Forum. The performance is free to watch.
For more about Total Ensemble Theatre Company, visit, www.totalensemble.org
For more about the festival, visit www.nnfestival.org.uk