The Voice Kids UK 2017: Two Norfolk youngsters will battle for a spot in the semi-finals
- Credit: Archant
Two talented youngsters from Norfolk will be singing to save their places on The Voice Kids this weekend.
The ITV singing competition made its television debut last month and features celebrities Will.I.Am, Pixie Lott and McFly's Danny Jones as judges.
Over Saturday, July 8 and Sunday, July 9 the show's solo acts, aged between seven and 14, will be split up into teams of three and go head to head for a place in the semi-finals.
Currently taking part in the compeition are two local children, Perry Cooke and Jack Goodacre.
MORE: The Voice Kids UK 2017: Jack Goodacre and Perry Cooke from Norfolk sail through to next round after impressing will.i.am, Danny Jones and Pixie LottPerry, who hails from Thorpe End, is part of Will.I.Am's team and the 14-year-old will be performing in Saturday's battle round.
You may also want to watch:
Similarly, 11-year-old Jack, from Eccles near Attleborough will be battling it out against two others as part of Team Danny on the same day.
Perry's mum, Debbie Cooke said: '14,000 kids applied for the show and they've now been whittled down to just 36.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
'To think that Perry has made it this far is great, we're really proud of him, he's done so well.'
• Catch The Voice Kids on ITV on Saturday, July 8 at 7.30pm.