The Voice Kids UK 2017: Norfolk boys secure places in semi-finals
- Credit: Archant
Two children from Norfolk managed to sing themselves into the semi-finals of The Voice Kids UK.
The ITV music competition made its debut last month and features celebrities will.i.am, Pixie Lott and McFly's Danny Jones as judges.
Last night, local children, Perry Cooke and Jack Goodacre sang their hearts out in attempt to continue to the next round.
11-year-old Jack, who lives in Eccles near Attleborough, went up against Jude and Tilly on Team Danny. The group sang a cover of Reef's Place Your Hands.
Before his performance, the youngster told the audience he felt 'a tiny bit scared' but promised to walk out on stage and try his best and it seems he did.
Danny Jones crowned him the winner of the battle and the talented child sailed through to the semi-finals.
Similarly, Perry from Thorpe End beat out Lil T and Cole to secure a place in the next round.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 10 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed
The 14-year-old performed to Madcon's Beggin' as part of will.i.am's team and impressed the judges with his strong vocals.
• Catch Jack and Perry on The Voice Kids next Saturday from 7.30pm