The Vicar of Dibley show takes to Norwich stage
- Credit: submitted
Comedy favourite the Rev Geraldine Granger will lead a service in a city theatre tomorrow as an adaptation of The Vicar of Dibley takes to the stage.
Based on the hit BBC comedy about the residents of the quaint village of Dibley and their new vicar, this latest production is being presented by the Seagull Rep, the professional repertory company of Lowestoft theatre the Seagull. The show, which follows on from the success of the Seagull Rep's production of Fawlty Towers, is being performed at Norwich Playhouse tomorrow and Saturday as part of a wider tour.
Agnes Lillis, who played Sybil in the Seagull Rep's Fawlty Towers, stars in the Dawn French role of Geraldine.
John Hales, director and manager of the Seagull, said: 'Agnes and the whole cast are just brilliant.
'For anyone who liked the series, you are in for a real family friendly treat.'
You may also want to watch:
The TV show was originally created by Richard Curtis and Paul Mayhew-Archer, and the stage version incorporates three episodes from the series - The Arrival, Songs of Praise and The Easter Bunny.
It has already been performed at the Seagull theatre, in Lowestoft, and also in Freckenham, Fakenham, Diss, Great Yarmouth and Thetford. Following on from the show's two dates in Norwich, it will return to the Seagull on Sunday. Next week it will be performed at Beccles Public Hall on Wednesday and Thursday, and The Atrium in North Walsham on Friday.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 6 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 7 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 8 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 9 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 10 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
• The Vicar of Dibley is at Norwich Playhouse tomorrow and Saturday at 7.30pm.
Tickets cost £12 (£10 concessions). A family ticket is available priced £36. To book call 01603 598598 or visit www.norwichplayhouse.co.uk
• For more about tickets for other performances contact the venues directly.