Former Norwich pub transformed into ‘cosy’ cafe bar
- Credit: Archant
The Surrey Tavern closed without warning in April 2016.
Plans were submitted by developers to convert part of the building into housing, however new owners have instead transformed the establishment into a café bar.
The Surrey kitchen and bar opened at 44-46 Surrey Street in December and offers a range of breakfast and lunch foods as well as bar snacks and drinks.
Their menu features items such as pancakes, salads and flatbreads.
Customers have praised the new business on social media, with Phin Robinson giving it a five star review.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'Really nice place to have a chill from the busy city. Food was great and very friendly service.'
Gemma Frost, who works at Aviva, added: 'Wow, what a transformation, looks lovely inside. Really welcoming cosy feel. We were all very impressed.'
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 3 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 4 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 5 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 6 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 7 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 8 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
• Have you visited The Surrey? Let us know what you thought in the comments below.