Unpaid carers given thousands in grant money
- Credit: Archant
Nearly £7,000 of grants have been given out to unpaid carers groups across Norfolk, with money still available to apply for.
The Small Grants for Carers Group, run by Carers Matter Norfolk, awarded money to 18 groups in Norfolk.
Grants have been awarded to help fund the cost of meeting rooms, craft materials and group events, newsletters and guest speakers - and there is still funding available to groups across the county.
Kevin Vaughan, manager of Carers Matter Norfolk, said: 'The grants panel were delighted to award a total of £6,612 in grants to carers groups across our county.
'For these groups, this will be a valuable source of income. But it is incredibly well deserved as they do so much good, and provide so much support, in their local communities.'
You may also want to watch:
For more information and details on how to apply for a grant, contact 0800 083 1148 or visit www.carersmatternorfolk.org.uk.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 4 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 7 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 8 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 9 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 10 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat