Pub launches indulgent Creme Egg fondant dessert
- Credit: Mason Wooltorton
A Norfolk pub has just introduced a rich and gooey creation that will make Creme Egg fans melt.
The Ship Inn in South Walsham is the latest business to realise the potential to reinvent the humble Cadbury's Creme Egg as something bigger, better and wackier.
Head chef Mason Wooltorton, 25, said he was inspired by the creative Easter treats he'd seen on Norwich Market, and knew he had to get in on the fun.
The Ship's twist on the familiar Creme Egg is a plated dessert consisting of a warm chocolate fondant with the egg nestled inside, served with vanilla ice cream and caramelised white chocolate.
Mr Wooltorton said: 'I love Creme Eggs and this is a proper dessert. I think people will love it.'
You may also want to watch:
The dish, priced at £7, goes on the menu today after a successful trial.
If well received by diners, The Ship plans to serve it until the end of Creme Egg season.
- 1 Family tribute to caring and loving Norwich man who was 'one of a kind'
- 2 Teenage girl seriously sexually assaulted near rail track
- 3 Man in 20s among further Covid deaths at Norfolk hospital
- 4 Talented teen baker set to open cake shop in town centre
- 5 Motorcyclist, 17, dies after crashing into lamp post
- 6 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 7 The Norfolk market town that used to be in Suffolk
- 8 Destructive stink bugs could be heading for Norfolk
- 9 Plea for a solution after raw sewage floods family's garden
- 10 'Not in a religious village!' - Residents' shock at drug squad swoop