Pub launches indulgent Creme Egg fondant dessert
- Credit: Mason Wooltorton
A Norfolk pub has just introduced a rich and gooey creation that will make Creme Egg fans melt.
The Ship Inn in South Walsham is the latest business to realise the potential to reinvent the humble Cadbury's Creme Egg as something bigger, better and wackier.
Head chef Mason Wooltorton, 25, said he was inspired by the creative Easter treats he'd seen on Norwich Market, and knew he had to get in on the fun.
The Ship's twist on the familiar Creme Egg is a plated dessert consisting of a warm chocolate fondant with the egg nestled inside, served with vanilla ice cream and caramelised white chocolate.
Mr Wooltorton said: 'I love Creme Eggs and this is a proper dessert. I think people will love it.'
The dish, priced at £7, goes on the menu today after a successful trial.
If well received by diners, The Ship plans to serve it until the end of Creme Egg season.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 5 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 8 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 PRESSER: Spurs v City - Rashica major injury blow; Normann also out