Pub launches indulgent Creme Egg fondant dessert
- Credit: Mason Wooltorton
A Norfolk pub has just introduced a rich and gooey creation that will make Creme Egg fans melt.
The Ship Inn in South Walsham is the latest business to realise the potential to reinvent the humble Cadbury's Creme Egg as something bigger, better and wackier.
Head chef Mason Wooltorton, 25, said he was inspired by the creative Easter treats he'd seen on Norwich Market, and knew he had to get in on the fun.
The Ship's twist on the familiar Creme Egg is a plated dessert consisting of a warm chocolate fondant with the egg nestled inside, served with vanilla ice cream and caramelised white chocolate.
Mr Wooltorton said: 'I love Creme Eggs and this is a proper dessert. I think people will love it.'
You may also want to watch:
The dish, priced at £7, goes on the menu today after a successful trial.
If well received by diners, The Ship plans to serve it until the end of Creme Egg season.
- 1 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 2 Historic seaside pub reveals £60,000 B&B rooms
- 3 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 4 Partner pays tribute to 'love of my life' after Thorpe stabbing
- 5 'Disappointment' for town centre with McDonald's branch closure
- 6 Third time lucky? Couple's plea after dream wedding day cancelled again
- 7 Slight increase in Norfolk coronavirus rates after restrictions eased
- 8 WATCH: Air ambulances can't land after hospital helipad wrecked by US aircraft
- 9 Homeowner punched and kicked after finding burglar stealing items from shed
- 10 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm