The Script to return to play Thetford Forest next year
- Credit: Archant
The Script will return to play their fourth gig in Thetford Forest next summer.
The Irish band, who have sold more than 29 million records, will kick-off the Forest Live gigs at High Lodge on Thursday, June 7.
Their latest album, Freedom Child, which includes the singles Rain and Arms Open, topped the charts and was their fourth UK number one album.
Lead singer Danny O'Donoghue said: 'We love performing as part of Forest Live. It will be our fourth trip to Thetford Forest and we look forward to making our debut at Westonbirt Arboretum.
'We hope you can join us to rock in this unique atmosphere.'
You may also want to watch:
Tickets will go on sale on Friday, December 1 at 9am.
They will cost £42.50 (plus £4.75 booking fee) and can be bought by calling the Forestry Commission box office on 03000 680400, or online.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 8 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 9 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 10 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
Take That's Gary Barlow will be heading to Suffolk without his bandmates on Friday, June 8 as part of the Forestry Commission gigs.
The Gary Barlow In Concert 2018 tour will see the star perform smaller solo concerts at 24 venues across the UK, and the Thetford Forest gig will be the penultimate date of the tour which will kick off on April 16 at Edinburgh Playhouse and finish on June 9 at Delamere Forest in Cheshire.
Fans were quick to snap up tickets and the concert has sold out.
Former Beautiful South duo Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott will also perform as part of the gig series, two years after their last appearance.
They will play material from their albums as a duo as well as songs from The Beautiful South and the Housemartins, on Saturday, June 9.
Beloved British songwriter Billy Bragg who will be making a special guest appearance.
Tickets are still available.
One more act, to peform on Sunday, June 10 is still to be confirmed.