The Royal Norfolk Show 2017: Youtube stars join Langley pupils
- Credit: Katie Stoner
It was all fun and games with a healthy twist at the Langley School Marquee at the Royal Norfolk show.
The stand revolved around the school's health and wellbeing programme, whilst teaming up with Paraolympic swimmer Jessica-Jane Applegate and local fitness and YouTube stars The Lean Machines; John Chapman and Leon Bustin.
The stand atmosphere was energetic, as Jessica-Jane took on the boys in a cycling challenge which turned their energy into smoothies.
Jessica-Jane was the clear winner, whilst John Chapman was the highest scorer on the Wattbike competition.
Inside the marquee Langley's chef was giving away samples of 'brain food' which regularly features on the school lunch menu.
You may also want to watch:
Darren Eadie, Head of Football at Langley School and Norwich City legend, said: 'It's great to have the support from Jessica and the Lean Machines at the Norfolk Show. We have some amazing home grown talent who are here today to bring awareness of health and wellbeing to the community.
'Obviously, with my 26 knee operations I wasn't quick able to keep up with Jessica or the boys but I gave it a good go!'
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 9 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 10 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
The popular Langley School Dixie band who have played to large crowds at the Royal Norfolk Show for many years also entertained show goers with their fantastic live music, as well as some solo and duo instrumentals from talented pupils.
From 13 July 2017 Langley School will also be launching a new partnership with UCFB (University College Football Business), a pathway to further education based at Wembley Stadium.