The Royal Norfolk Show 2017: Watch as the RAF Falcons jump out over the Grand Ring LIVE
- Credit: Ian Burt
Watch as the RAF Falcons Parachute Display Team makes its long-awaited jump over the Royal Norfolk Show's Grand Ring.
The nine-man team can jump from up to 12,000ft and reach speeds of 120mph in freefall.
But with the low clouds over the showground in Costessey today, both altitude and speed will be much lower.
Flight Lieutenant Dave Sellers said cloud cover needed to be at a minimum of 2,500ft before the team could jump.
At that height, the parachutes will be deployed almost immediately as they exit the aircraft and move into their formation.
You may also want to watch:
From there, they will form a stack and float down into the centre of the Grand Ring.
The Falcons had to cancel both of their displays yesterday and one this morning as the cloud cover remained too low above the showground.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Former village pub for sale as home
- 5 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 6 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 7 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 8 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 9 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 10 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed