The Royal Norfolk Show 2017: Spitting Image Margaret Thatcher puppet on display at the show
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A Spitting Image puppet of former prime minister Margaret Thatcher is among the items on display at the Sainsbury Centre For Visual Arts stand at the Royal Norfolk Show.
The puppet of the Iron Lady by Roger Law - a co-creator of the show Spitting Image - is featured to highlight a new exhibition of the artist's work, called Satire to Ceramics, that is coming to the Norwich venue later in the year.
About the Spitting Image show, Mr Law, who also gave a talk at the SCVA stand on Wednesday, said: 'It was a weekly, topical satire show. It's the only time in this country where school children knew all the names of the people in the cabinet. On a good day it was funny – and it was very successful. 'At its peak it had 15m viewers. So really I should be doing it again because we've got absolute chaos in the country.'
He added: 'Donald Trump would be good to do, because he's got these tiny hands and a completely orange face.'
Also at the Sainsbury Centre stand, people can enjoy hearing a series of free pop-up talks by artists, curators, historians and art specialists and children can have fun decorating Sainsbury Centre-inspired bags.
You may also want to watch:
The Sainsbury Centre For Visual Arts stand can be found at 185 President's Avenue at the show.
For more stories about the Royal Norfolk Show click here
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 3 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 4 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 5 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 6 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 9 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 10 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region