The Royal Norfolk Show 2017: RAF Falcons to go ahead with 5.35pm jump as clouds lift
- Credit: Archant
The RAF Falcons will be jumping out over the Royal Norfolk Show's Grand Ring this afternoon.
The nine-man parachute display team had to cancel its three previous jumps due to low cloud cover.
But as the weather improved this afternoon, and the clouds lifted, the unit has been given the green light for the jump.
It is understood that they will be exiting the aircraft from around 2,500ft at around 5.35pm today.
The team had to cancel its jump this morning as cloud cover was at around 250ft.
You may also want to watch:
Both jumps on Wednesday also had to be scrapped due to bad weather.
Flight Lieutenant Dave Sellers said cloud cover needed to be around 2,500ft at a minimum before the nine-man parachute display team would jump out.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 4 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 5 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 8 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 9 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 10 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
'The coach needs to be able to see the landing area, and so with thick cloud cover like this, we would not get out of the aircraft,' Mr Sellers said.
The team is currently waiting at Norwich International Airport in preparation.
Here is the grand ring programme for day two:
08.00-09.20 Showjumping and 1.20m Open Restricted Two Phase Class 235, 09.40- 10.30 Heavy Horse 2 Wheeled Cart Class 50, 10.30-11.00 Band of the Parachute Regiment
11.00-11.15 RAF Falcons Parachute Display Team, 11.15-11.45 Scurry Driving Championship Class 71 HOYS Qualifier, 11.45-12.15 King's Troop Royal Horse Artillery
12.15-13.45 Showjumping International Stairway League Class 236, 13.45-14.10 Parade of Hounds
14.10-15.25 Heavy Horse Turnouts Singles Classes 48-49
15.25-16.05 Grand Parade of Champion livestock and horses
16.05-17.05 Showjumping Ride & Drive Challenge Class 237
17.05-17.35 King's Troop Royal Horse Artillery
17.35-17.50 RAF Falcons Parachute Display Team
17.50-18.20 Band of the Parachute Regiment
18.20-19.05 Showstoppers and Closing Ceremony