The Rotary Club of King’s Lynn raise thousands for local causes with charity ball
- Credit: Submitted
The Rotary Club of King's Lynn raised thousands of pounds for local causes at a recent charity ball.
The ball was organised by the club's house and social committees officer Janis Bell and was held at the Le Strange Arms Hotel, Old Hunstanton.
It was attended by 64 rotarians, their wives, partners and friends. The event raised £2,564 from a raffle and auction, which included the use of a holiday home in France and a picture of the Custom House donated by Whittlesea Rotary Club.
The money raised will go towards funding and support for a number of local charities, which are currently under review by the club.
The club members wish to thank all those who supported the event which took place on Saturday, May 6.
You may also want to watch:
The club was chartered in 1926 and celebrated it's 91st anniversary this year. The club has raised over £43,000 in the past year for local and international good causes.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 4 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 5 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 8 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront