The pet care business down your quiet Acle street
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Amanda pursued her childhood dreams of working with animals
Setting up your own dog walking and pet care business in your own home has become one woman's dream job.
Amanda Stimpson, 27, and from Acle, left her job working in education as a teaching assistant and running her own drama class to pursue her dreams of working with animals.
Four years ago she started a business with her mum, Christine, 68 to support pets of friends and family and four months ago, she set up Muddy Paws and Wagging Tails to cater for everyone.
Ms Stimpson's love of animals started from a young age as there were always pets at home from rabbits to fish, cats to dogs. The family have always been animal lovers and pets have always played a huge part in her childhood and adult life because she spent so much time growing up around them.
You may also want to watch:
It was her childhood dream to work with animals. She is passionate about animal welfare and in her spare time will raise money for a variety of animal charities.
Ms Stimpson has two greyhounds at home that she loves taking for long country walks or for a paddle in the sea.
- 1 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 9 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 10 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
Her business provides everything from dog walking to emergency care 24/7 and she is always at the end of the phone. Ms Stimpson said: 'We understand that emergencies happen and it can be a very stressful time when you have to go away at short notice. So our emergency pet care service means that all you need to do is call us or email us with your details and we'll do the rest.'
When she receives a call she will go to see the pet in its home surroundings and come up with a care plan. She is first aid trained, DBS checked, insured and has an avid interest in animal behaviour and nutrition.
She said: 'This means everything to me and it's been my lifelong ambition to work with animals and provide a good service to local people and their pets. The pets I look after feel like my family.'
One to one care is offered throughout all services including dog walking and over the phone for advice from puppy training to destructive behaviour advice.
NHS discounts are on all services and Muddy Paws is for anyone looking for personal, professional and bespoke care.
Email email@example.com or call 07518 087513.