Meet Dora the Norfolk marine explorer
- Credit: Archant
EDP winners choose the name for zoo's sea lion pup
She's been delighting the crowds at Banham Zoo for weeks but now the baby sea lion has a name.
Meet Dora, the first sea lion to be born at the Zoo's new Sea Lion Bay, the large marine style enclosure with deep salt water pool, rocks and ledges which opened earlier this year.
Born in June, her name was chosen by the winners of an EDP competition; Paula, Andy, Callum and Connor Chambers of Corby.
The zoo team said the winning name Dora was ideal.
You may also want to watch:
'The name is very fitting for her as she is always exploring around Sea Lion Bay,' said a spokeswoman.
The Chambers family won a one year sea lion sponsorship and complimentary tickets for two adults and two children to come and visit the zoo and see Dora, her mum Filippa, and all the other animals.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 7 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
Dora and Filippa live with the two male sea lions Emmet and Elmo and females Ineke and Gala – big sister to Dora - at Sea Lion Bay.
Banham Zoo is open daily from 9:30am, except Christmas Day and Boxing Day.