The Norfolk Hospice opens 10th charity store ‘Your Hospice Shop’ in Holt
A charity shop supporting Norfolk families has opened its 10th store in the heart of Holt.
Your Hospice Shop has been opened by charity The Norfolk Hospice and will raise funds for the continuing care and support of local people and their families living with life limiting conditions.
Holt Town Council mayor Bryan Payne cut the ribbon to officially open the new shop on June 29.
He said: 'The Hospice has been providing skilled and compassionate care to people with cancer and other life limiting conditions for well over 25 years and currently looks after over 280 patients a month.
'This all requires an incredible amount of money, in fact over �1m a year, so I hope the new shop in Holt will be successful in bringing in much needed funds.'
You may also want to watch:
The charity had been seeking to acquire a shop in the town for some time and when a shop on Bull Street became available they grabbed the opportunity.
The stores make a considerable contribution towards the running costs of the Hospice, based in Snettisham.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
Director of finance and retail operations Glenda Skipper said: 'As with our other shops, all profit goes directly to provide hospice care for patients and families living in Norfolk and the Fens.
'The vital service we provide is only made possible through the generous support of the local community and the positive feedback we have already received from Holt customers shows that they are willing to support us as we expand our services.'
The Norfolk Hospice also has shops in Snettisham, two in King's Lynn, one of which sells furniture, Downham Market, Wisbech, Fakenham, Hunstanton and Dereham.
The shops always need donations of quality clothing, shoes, books and bric a brac. They also have a furniture and electrical warehouse in King's Lynn.
? Any interested in donating goods, volunteering, or supporting The Norfolk Hospice can ring 01485 543163 or visit www.norfolkhospice.org.uk for more information.