The Magic Band to visit Norwich 39 years since last gig at the University of East Anglia
- Credit: Submitted
Cult US group The Magic Band are set to make their first visit to Norwich in 39 years in December.
The group is visiting six UK venues for a mini-tour and will perform at Norwich Arts Centre on Saturday, December 7.
It will be their first visit to Norwich since playing at the University of East Anglia in 1974, in the company of their leader Captain Beefheart, who died in 2010.
John Peel described their album Trout Mask Replica as the closest popular music got to fine art and Simpsons creator Matt Groening called it the greatest album ever made.
Today The Magic Band is made up of original members John 'Drumbo' French, Mark 'Rockette Morton' Boston and Denny 'Feelers Rebo' Walley.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £20 in advance or £25 on the door. For full details, go to norwichartscentre.co.uk or call 01603 660352.
- Do you remember the 1974 UEA gig? Email email@example.com
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 6 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 7 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 GP warns surgery 'is at breaking point' due to village expansion