Pub start weekly lockdown Bake Off challenge
- Credit: The Lodge
On your marks, get set... BAKE!
A North Tuddenham pub has received more than 60 applicants for the first week of its six-part charity Bake Off challenge.
The virtual competition has been created by Vikki and Gavin Hunt, licensees of the Lodge pub, to raise money for Pracilla Bacon Hospice while giving people something different to do in lockdown.
Mrs Hunt said: "It’s an idea which has been so well received and the feedback has been amazing.
"The idea is simple, the weekly kits are available to purchase online and can be collected from The Lodge Shop, the contestants do not know what they are baking until they get home and open the box!
"It's so lovely to be able to do something which involves all ages of the community, we have had children, men and ladies entering and when they have sent their photos in for judging they have all commented how much fun they had."
For each £5 box sold, The Lodge is donating £1.25 to the Priscilla Bacon Hospice, which is poignant to Mrs Hunt following the care her father and two uncles received before their passing.
- 1 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 2 Part of A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 4 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 5 EXCLUSIVE: The faces behind City's prospective US investment
- 6 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 7 Heavy delays on major Norfolk road after crash
- 8 Thousands expected to attend huge four-day steam extravaganza
- 9 Former coastal restaurant up for auction
- 10 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
To buy a Bake Off box, visit: gvhhospitality.bytable.net/store